Monday, February 19, 2007

I MET ROGER WATERS!!! Concert adventure

Ok when I was walking towards the station I was all prepared to enjoy the concert from the OUTSIDE!! I had no idea I would get 1 free pass, then exchange that for 2, then get a free poster, then get the whole band to sign it including ROGER WATERS!! IN PERSON!!

Where there is a will there is a way.

When I reached the venue with my friend, Sahej, I was prepared to stand out and enjoy the music. But Sahej was rather keen on entering. So we were hanging around the bootleggers who were offering Rs. 1500 for a Rs. 2000 pass, but I we were still out of cash. I was tryin to contact my dad who is out of station if he could transfer cash on my card so I could buy the passes. But no luck. We continued loiterring around as the concert began.

The first song was over, and 'Mother', one of my favourite Pink Floyd songs had begun as well. I was going to cry! Well then Sahej bumped into a friend of his who was going to enter. Just then out of nowhere this guy hurriedly passed Sahej handing him a Rs. 3000 passing. Flashed a thumbs-up. And entered the concert. I could'nt believe it, and no one could. Alrite even though we got hold of that pass it was still one, and two of us. I told him to enter but we wer still on the lookout for some guy to exchange these passes for two Rs. 2000 passes. We hunted high and low. Saw Jackie Shroff, Arjun Rampal, Luke Kenny, et al. We also came acroos this guy who was selling Complimentary passes of Rs. 1000. One guy offered him Rs. 300 and hes like *in very Orkut fraindship* "Yea man c'mon, fast, oh man Comfortably Numb oh shait". Wateva...

Its 8 'o clock, 45 mins of the concert is through and we're still confused between selling the pass or let Sahej enter. Thats when Sahej noticed this Uncle sitting there from the organizers. Sahej asked him if he could buy our pass. He asked us why were we selling it, we explained that one one of could enter so we rather sell it. I at that moment asked him if he could take this Rs. 3000 pass and give us two Rs. 2000 passes. He politely asked us to hang on. After a few minutes he recieved some passes. He took our passes and gave us two Rs 2000 passes!!!!!! I was leaving but turned around to shake hands with him warmly.

Then I turned around and began 'Le parqour'. I ran like the wind cutting through the crowd, zig-zaggin through people and stopping outside the entry gates causing the dust to rise in a cloud. When I entered a song from Final Cut was on. We just couldn't believe it. I realy could digest the fact Im in. And then Roger annouced that hes going to play a new song about a family in Beirut, Lebanon who took him in their house when his car broke down during a road trip. The song was beautiful. The on screen imagery include a comic strip about the entire incident showing how poor the family was and how they offered him their entire food. The song was basically about that do these kind people really mean us harm? And about how war kills the innocent and the good. There were pictures of Bush, Saddam et al to which the crowd was cheering like MMMAAADD!!!!!! And justy then an inflatable pig appeared from the right side of the stage with messages spray painted on him: "SARV JAATI EK HAI", "HABEUS CORPUS", "KAFKA RULES OK!" n on his ass "IMPEACH BUS NOW!" The pig was paraded above the crowd while the band played on n then left free to the sky. Heavenly.

Dark Side of the moon began with a short break, during which we were making unsuccessful plans to jump into the higher section. Amazing played, but the Black female just messed up the Great Gig in the Sky vocal solo which sounds so much better on my CD! But later in the song her voice turned very silky cum velvety, nice but not the best.







Concerts over, Sahej and me walk around like ZAPPED zombies around the venue. We spot some guys wearing Pink Floyd t-shirts. We run to buy them, but get free posters instead. We re-grouped with Sahej's friend, Pratik, his cousins Sangita and Smita. They asked me if I knew where Roger is staying, and Im like "Taj Lands End" because I remember reading that in the papers as associate sponsers. We're now headed towards Lands End to meet mister Roger Waters.


Read what happend there here Hotel Adventure


No comments: